At LGN, we appreciate your sharing and support and place a high value on your personal privacy. We respect the personal nature of the information you provide us on our web site and resolutely recognize the importance of protecting this information.
At what time does LGN collect my personal information?
You may provide personal information to LGN several ways including: a) by sharing personal information when you submit news tips to our editorial team or by submitting a report via our Contact Form, b) by sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, c) by sharing contact information (Twitter username and Facebook account name or any other social networking/sharing site/tools) by signing up to be a member of our online social network, to follow LGN. d) by participating in a survey where an email address is requested. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site. As LGN is an open community.Further, our analytics trackers may also accumulate other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does LGN use personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed/interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
- The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip or via our Contact Form will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
- Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
- You volunteer your email address and other identifying information on our social network with LGN. We use your email address only to inform you if there is activity on your profile. You can opt out of these messages at any time.
- We may at times request your participation in a survey/poll. We may also share your email address or other information with third-party vendors. Such information will be used for data analytics and advertising targeting. However, we do not sell individual personal data or email addresses.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from LGN, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Who else has access to information?
Accounts associated with LGN are all ‘public.’ By ‘public,’ we mean that certain information will be viewable by all users. What you see on other user profiles is the same information that other users can see about you.
What else you should know about privacy and LGN?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by LGN becomes public information. LGN.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
LGN Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, “spammy” in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
Once a comment is made public on the LGN website, we will not remove it by request. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of posting.
All comments and other content contributed to LGN shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at LGN’s discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
- Personal Attacks: Please don’t engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual), persistent trolling or mindless abuse. The LGN community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
- Hate speech: Racism, sexism and homophobia will not be tolerated.
- Language and Threats: Please watch your language and respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
- No Spam: Spam and unauthorised advertising content will be removed.
- Smear Tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our authors, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
- Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
- Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you’re participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the LGN community by being respectful and considerate.
- Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the LGN community environment inviting, insightful and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.